Tuesday, 7 February 2017

HA12 Task 2 – Setting Research and Ideas Generation

For this assignment I decided to go with a space settlement for my 3D environment model. The concept of my 3D environment will be a research center that is based on mars. The point of the research center is so that human kind will able to understand the environments that mars has to offer. 

Since my concept is a research center based on mars I will be making all my assets look futuristic and sleek like how you would expect a research facility to look like. There will be some geometric shaped structures because whenever I think of futuristic looking structures I always imagine geometric shapes. 

For the atmosphere of my environment I was thinking to make it look eerie since it is based in space especially in mars you wouldn't really expect many people except for those who were sent there. I want it to look isolated as if it was abandoned that it is only occupied by the suns warm light and the light radiating from the buildings. 

The images below are what inspired me to create the futuristic structures that I included in my environment. 




I like the glow in the middle because it gives it a sci-fi feel.

For my Mars base texture I used a red sand texture instead of using a mars texture because I couldn't find any mars texture that was red enough, they were mostly orange in color so I decided to use a red sand texture instead. I used the image below because I thought that looks close to what the mars's surfaces looks like if it was up close.



Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment